• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expecting ssi fully favorable ruling but leaving for jail soon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gonefishin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? state is PA but this is a FEDERAL/ social security question.
I recently had a SSI hearing (not SSDI) in front of an administrative law judge and it went extremely well
My lawyer thinks we probably won. I leave for federal jail may28th. if i win this ssi case, they owe me back benefits from when i applied
february of 2011. I guess my main question is, i know some how ill get those back benefits im owed if i won, but i just wonder, how does
SSI find out when i go to jail. is there an alert they get from the federal Bureau of Prisons that im in their custody?
if anyone knows, please inform me, thanks.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? state is PA but this is a FEDERAL/ social security question.
I recently had a SSI hearing (not SSDI) in front of an administrative law judge and it went extremely well
My lawyer thinks we probably won. I leave for federal jail may28th. if i win this ssi case, they owe me back benefits from when i applied
february of 2011. I guess my main question is, i know some how ill get those back benefits im owed if i won, but i just wonder, how does
SSI find out when i go to jail. is there an alert they get from the federal Bureau of Prisons that im in their custody?
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10088.html#a0=2

Onderzoek

Law enforcement agencies are paid to rat you out.

gonefishin

underpayment question

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10088.html#a0=2
hey BL, i looked up this link, it said state and local prisons are paid if they tell SSA that someone is in jail, it didnt say
anything about federal prison but probably they just assume we know that the feds will definately tell SSA that someone is in jail.

heres my new question, one of the frequently asked questions asked about payments and it said if ur owed payment or payments, that they dont have to pay the underpayment if your in jail. im just wondering, i applied february 2011 and ill probably get my approval letter next month in may but i leave for jail may28th. if i definately win my appeal hearing, do they owe me from february of 2011 till now for those back benefits, like will i get that money for sure? im just confused what underpayment means as like i said, they said they wont pay you for underpayment while ur in jail. can anyone explain what this means? thanks

gonefishin

I won my ssi appeal hearing, now what happens?

my lawyer called me today and said i won my ssi appeal, that the ruling was FULLY FAVORABLE.
I leave for federal prison this month may28th.
all i really want to know is, will i get the back benefits im owed? (from feb of 2011 to now may 2012)
i tried reading the social security website and all it says is that if im owed any UNDERPAYMENT,
that i wont get it if i'm in jail.
can anyone please clarify this for me??

Onderzoek

my lawyer called me today and said i won my ssi appeal, that the ruling was FULLY FAVORABLE.
I leave for federal prison this month may28th.
all i really want to know is, will i get the back benefits im owed? (from feb of 2011 to now may 2012)
i tried reading the social security website and all it says is that if im owed any UNDERPAYMENT,
that i wont get it if i'm in jail.
can anyone please clarify this for me??
Take your written decision (verbal decision is worthless) to your local office and be honest about your situation. Bring proof of all income, resources and living arrangements since Feb 2011. Bring proof of the status of any oustanding warrants Feb 2011 to present.

Be honest. Perhaps the decision can be paid before you go to jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">