• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expedited Reinstatement of SSDI & Provisional Payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nemo74

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

I just applied last Monday, September 13th, for an expedited reinstatement of disibility benefits. The guy at the SSA office told me I would receive provisional payments, up to 6 months, till a decision is reached on my case, which could take 2-3 months. I told him I don't have any income whatsoever right now, so he told me it would take 7-10 days for me to get my direct deposit from the day I applied. I'm really panicking right now because it's been a week already and still nothing. I've only got $3 left and have no money for the bus to get anywhere. Plus, I have to move by this Thursday and if I don't get my money by this Wednesday, I'll be homeless as of Thursday.

I've tried calling the SSA guy at his office, but I keep getting his voicemail. I left him a message this morning. I sure hope he calls back because I'm getting extremely nervous about when I'm getting my check. I'm in Southern California. I called the national 800# and the woman told me she didn't see anything in the system, however, she said payments like that are controlled by the local office. So again, I have to wait to hear back from the SSA guy who is handling my claim.

My question is, I visited the SSA office on September 13th. Today is September 20th. The local SSA office has all my paperwork since last week. I REALLY need my money NOW and don't know what to do to find out when exactly my money will go in my account (direct deposit)? What should I do??? Please help! How long does it normally take to get your first provisional payment once you've opened up a request for an expedited reinstatement in California? The SSA guy told me the funds I receive this month will be for August, and then I'll get another check on October 1st, which will be for September. Any advice?

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

I just applied last Monday, September 13th, for an expedited reinstatement of disibility benefits. The guy at the SSA office told me I would receive provisional payments, up to 6 months, till a decision is reached on my case, which could take 2-3 months. I told him I don't have any income whatsoever right now, so he told me it would take 7-10 days for me to get my direct deposit from the day I applied. I'm really panicking right now because it's been a week already and still nothing. I've only got $3 left and have no money for the bus to get anywhere. Plus, I have to move by this Thursday and if I don't get my money by this Wednesday, I'll be homeless as of Thursday.

I've tried calling the SSA guy at his office, but I keep getting his voicemail. I left him a message this morning. I sure hope he calls back because I'm getting extremely nervous about when I'm getting my check. I'm in Southern California. I called the national 800# and the woman told me she didn't see anything in the system, however, she said payments like that are controlled by the local office. So again, I have to wait to hear back from the SSA guy who is handling my claim.

My question is, I visited the SSA office on September 13th. Today is September 20th. The local SSA office has all my paperwork since last week. I REALLY need my money NOW and don't know what to do to find out when exactly my money will go in my account (direct deposit)? What should I do??? Please help! How long does it normally take to get your first provisional payment once you've opened up a request for an expedited reinstatement in California? The SSA guy told me the funds I receive this month will be for August, and then I'll get another check on October 1st, which will be for September. Any advice?
Not sure what it's called in your State ,or if they have it ,but try Welfare Emergency assistances. Beg - borrow bus fair.

donkeypuncher76

ssdi exr provisional payments

i have the same exact problem as theposter, i applied for exr and prov. pay on 5/31.11, its 7/6/11 i was told everything he was, left voicemails with no retuen, the lady that took my claim, said 7-10 days, she was also very rude and wouldnt listen or look at my paperwork, anyways, how long did it take you 2 be paid provisionals, when can i expect something? all i have been told was its in the payment center, ive heard that for 3 weeks, i was usually paid on the 3rd info asap will be very much appreciated. ty

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">