• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DeeBee15

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My husband receives SSD $930 monthly (not SSI) I have been reading on the amount that should come to the dependants under his claim. It states that the combined family benefits paid can be between 150 - 180 % of his claim. My question is this.. Is the 150-180% the amount the children (combined) will receive or is this a total amount including the children & my husband?
Any clarification will be appreciated.

DeeBee15

Thank You

Pennsylvania

Thank you for your quick responce. I don't understand why the SS site must make everything so difficult. Why they don't just say then the dependants will receive 50-80 % combined of the claimants monthly benefits is beyond me. Of course they also say spouses will receive a check as well until the last child turns 16, however they stopped mine 3 years ago when our youngest was still only 9 yrs. old. They also at one point reduced the remaining 2 of our 3 childrens benefits by half when our oldest child turned 18 although they say that the amount of the remaining childrens benefit checks should actually increase when one child drops off. Guess its just part of the SS nightmare and hopefully they will find thier mistakes eventually. Everytime we call & ask to meet with them they tell us they only do meetings with new applicants and that the Baltimore MD offices handles the active cases however there is noone there we can speak to or meet with.

Thanks again.

BL

Write your Local Congressman / women , and ask if his/her staff can look into your issues .

Generally what you say is correct unless SSA has changed their rules .

T

tommy 522

When i need to go to social security office i take all the information i have and a list of questions i want answered go in and take a number and waite calling them on the phone is a fart in the wind! Here in KY you can go in and talk to them about your case even if its a old one ! and yes you need to go and fight them in person sounds like you are geting the short end of the stick. when one goes off the others get more it did in our case but we had to point it out to them ! then everything else that changed in our family we went to ss and showed them no more phone calls they had written proof and no more goofs out of them!! good luck it does help to get your congressman or woman involved, they can cut through some bull s_ _ _! with ss administration! my advice is from my own experience! For what its worth its done well for me!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">