• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shaye

My home state is Mississippi
My husband is disabled(organic brain something) mostly due to short term memory loss, but he also has seizures, and a number of physical problems. His memory loss has gotten to the point of being dangerous. He leaves water running, gas burners on, etc. When he was first approved for SSDI, we were living w/daughter, so I worked at night, when they were at home. We live in our own place now(finally), but, now I can't go to work and SAFELY leave him alone. Is there any benefit of HIS ssdi that would pay ME some money of my own?

BL

My home state is Mississippi
My husband is disabled(organic brain something) mostly due to short term memory loss, but he also has seizures, and a number of physical problems. His memory loss has gotten to the point of being dangerous. He leaves water running, gas burners on, etc. When he was first approved for SSDI, we were living w/daughter, so I worked at night, when they were at home. We live in our own place now(finally), but, now I can't go to work and SAFELY leave him alone. Is there any benefit of HIS ssdi that would pay ME some money of my own?
From the SSA site under benifits , search caregiver .

Question
My mother is disabled and I need to stay home to help care for her. Does Social Security provide benefits to a caregiver or housekeeper?

Answer
No. There is no provision in the Social Security Act to provide benefits for caregivers of the aged or disabled. However, you may want to contact your local Social Services or Welfare department to determine if there are any locally sponsored programs that might provide you with assistance. They may also be able to provide you with the names of organizations that might help.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">