• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Maximum Payout

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yennisse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

If both parents of minor children die will the surviving children receive the maximum family social security death payment per parent or just for one parent? i.e. if Dad's max payout is $3000 and Mom's max payout is $3200 will the children receive $6200 or $3200 a month? (I'm just trying to plan for my kids future should anything happen to us).

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

If both parents of minor children die will the surviving children receive the maximum family social security death payment per parent or just for one parent? i.e. if Dad's max payout is $3000 and Mom's max payout is $3200 will the children receive $6200 or $3200 a month? (I'm just trying to plan for my kids future should anything happen to us).
The children will get a payout from only one parent's account, but it will be the higher payout of the two.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">