• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On food stamps, what constitutes fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anthony5

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Hi. I'm on food stamps. Just went on it because I lost my job. My bank account is near $0. Anyway, if I was to borrow money and start up a stock trading account online while I was collecting food stamps from the Govt. , would this be fraud? I technically wouldn't be earning money unless I made money from any stock trades, right? I haven't done anything yet but I'm just asking. Would I have a certain amount of time to tell them? I'm not even sure that a question like that was asked on my application and like I said, I'm not even doing it yet so I would have answered no to any online banking accounts. Thanks .

BL

anthony5 said:

Hi. I'm on food stamps. Just went on it because I lost my job. My bank account is near $0. Anyway, if I was to borrow money and start up a stock trading account online while I was collecting food stamps from the Govt. , would this be fraud? I technically wouldn't be earning money unless I made money from any stock trades, right? I haven't done anything yet but I'm just asking. Would I have a certain amount of time to tell them? I'm not even sure that a question like that was asked on my application and like I said, I'm not even doing it yet so I would have answered no to any online banking accounts. Thanks .
Read the instructions on reporting changes for your eligibility .

justalayman

Be sure to concern yourself regarding money as gifts from others and what it states regarding reporting ANY income or holdings (i.e. bank accounts, stock brokerage accounts etc.)

HomeGuru

anthony5 said:

**A: why not get a real job?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">