+ Reply to Thread
    anthony5 is offline Junior Member

On food stamps, what constitutes fraud

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Hi. I'm on food stamps. Just went on it because I lost my job. My bank account is near $0. Anyway, if I was to borrow money and start up a stock trading account online while I was collecting food stamps from the Govt. , would this be fraud? I technically wouldn't be earning money unless I made money from any stock trades, right? I haven't done anything yet but I'm just asking. Would I have a certain amount of time to tell them? I'm not even sure that a question like that was asked on my application and like I said, I'm not even doing it yet so I would have answered no to any online banking accounts. Thanks .
    BL
    BL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony5

Hi. I'm on food stamps. Just went on it because I lost my job. My bank account is near $0. Anyway, if I was to borrow money and start up a stock trading account online while I was collecting food stamps from the Govt. , would this be fraud? I technically wouldn't be earning money unless I made money from any stock trades, right? I haven't done anything yet but I'm just asking. Would I have a certain amount of time to tell them? I'm not even sure that a question like that was asked on my application and like I said, I'm not even doing it yet so I would have answered no to any online banking accounts. Thanks .
    Read the instructions on reporting changes for your eligibility .
    justalayman is offline Senior Member
    Be sure to concern yourself regarding money as gifts from others and what it states regarding reporting ANY income or holdings (i.e. bank accounts, stock brokerage accounts etc.)
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony5

**A: why not get a real job?