• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mau99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Can a social security caseworker be charged with anything for making false statements in writing, in order to sabotage a claim, if it is blatantly obvious? I don't mean a mistake. Without getting into the details..... I mean making the opposite statement from what was actually said over the phone, and claiming it was said under the penalty of perjury. If so, what is it called? thanks

Onderzoek

How can it be blatently obvious unless you tape recorded the phone conversation?

You can make a complaint to the manager. Not sure you have any other recourse.

mau99

Because she made a written statement that I said the SSDI recipient (whom I am the authorized representative of) was receiving state aid simultaneously with SSDI which is not true, and can easily be checked out w/ a phone call. Why would I make a statement like that when it is not true?

I had a run in with this worker, ( who is extremely arrogant, and feels free to make her own rules), a couple years ago when she refused to accept a court order for another person on disability, to stop taking out half of his check for child support. I let her know what I thought of her, and so now she
is trying to cause trouble.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Because she made a written statement that I said the SSDI recipient (whom I am the authorized representative of) was receiving state aid simultaneously with SSDI which is not true, and can easily be checked out w/ a phone call. Why would I make a statement like that when it is not true?

I had a run in with this worker, ( who is extremely arrogant, and feels free to make her own rules), a couple years ago when she refused to accept a court order for another person on disability, to stop taking out half of his check for child support. I let her know what I thought of her, and so now she
So, one or the other of you made a mistake. Don't know what you want the worker to be "charged" with...

mau99

She yelled this lie to me and I yelled back at her that it was a lie, and she is so loud that her normal tone is yelling. I am sure the whole office heard her.

She also said that everything she was putting down was "under the penalty of perjury" for me, even though I couldn't see what she put down. Then when I received the "summary" I saw that she put very little of what I really said down, and I was not asked to sign it.

From your replies, I take it this is standard procedure, and they get away with it.

Zigner

You came on here wanting to get the worker "charged" with something. That's not going to happen. Nothing else was stated, yet you inferred a bunch more.

mau99

You came on here wanting to get the worker "charged" with something. That's not going to happen. Nothing else was stated, yet you inferred a bunch more.

There IS a "bunch" more, but for the sake of wasting time on here with people who have an agenda, I spoke of the most important lie. I think it's interesting that you "know" that no matter what a caseworker does, they get away with it. Who do you work for? Let me guess****************************
You are way too obvious!

Zigner

There IS a "bunch" more, but for the sake of wasting time on here with people who have an agenda, I spoke of the most important lie. I think it's interesting that you "know" that no matter what a caseworker does, they get away with it. Who do you work for? Let me guess****************************
You are way too obvious!
Hint, it's not any governmental entity :rolleyes:

Onderzoek

You say this is blatantly obvious because you would not make a statement that is not true. How does anyone know that you would not make a statement that is not true? How can anyone know that anyone would make a statement that is not true? People make untrue statements all the time. Just because you know it is not true is not evidence that it is blatantly untrue.

You could make a complaint about an employee to the local manager and keep going up the chain to higher managers. I would not use the arguement that she wrote a blatant untrue statement. And if you are the only person who ever complains, doubtful that anything will happen except perhaps a discussion with the manager and a negative impact on performance evaulation. Not sure that will satisfy you.

Also, how does making a statement that someone on SSDI is also getting public assistance sabotage a claim? What was the negative impact on you?

eliduc

Accountability

Social Security workers are protected from law suits for conduct in the course of their employment the same way judges and prosecutors are. Unfortunately, there is a lack of accountability within the SSA and this is a large part of the problem. You could file a complaint against the worker but it would probably be counter productive in your future dealings with the SSA. This type of deception seems to be common in some offices. To have a case for fraud where the person is not protected you first have to have material evidence that a fraud was committed and that the person who committed it acted with intent to defraud. It doesn't sound like you have either. It appears that a toxic relationship has developed between you and the SSA worker. You should honestly evaluate whether you can be the most effective representative for the person you are representing. You could do more harm than good.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">