• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hi all a question of how much ssi pays

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RescueRanger

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have recently gotten ssi along with my mother she gets 650 dollars. i get 800 dollars- we both live in the same house but my ssi payments are noticeably higher than hers- I think this boils down to the value of food and shelter but for this i am more confused

on our applications I said I pay 100 for rent and utilities. my mother said she pays 250-

now the question is this-- why am i paying less for my housing and get paid more, while she pays more than double mine but gets 150 dollars less from ssi than myself?

thankyou for taking the time to answer my question

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have recently gotten ssi along with my mother she gets 650 dollars. i get 800 dollars- we both live in the same house but my ssi payments are noticeably higher than hers- I think this boils down to the value of food and shelter but for this i am more confused

on our applications I said I pay 100 for rent and utilities. my mother said she pays 250-

now the question is this-- why am i paying less for my housing and get paid more, while she pays more than double mine but gets 150 dollars less from ssi than myself?

thankyou for taking the time to answer my question

Both of you should go to your local office together. Bring the rental agreement and a good estimate of the average food, electricity, gas, water, sewer, garbage bills

If your mother is getting SSI (and not Social Security retirement or Social Security disability)then one of you is being paid wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">