• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how far back pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gunner6262

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio

my mother has been trying to get ssi disability since 2000. in june of 2000 a federal judge approved my mothers ssi. ssi never paid anything whatsoever. here it is 2012 and we pursued action through a community action person and she was able to get this in front of another judge for approval. it was indeed approved. a check should be here sometime this week. it seems like we are done fighting them for once. my question is since it was approved back in 2000 shouldnt she recieve money dating all the way back? the lady said thats what they were going to go for since it was already approved once. she had half her stomach removed back in 1995 and most definitely able to be declared disabled. and even more proof now that she has lung cancer.

simply put if the lady was going back as far as 2000 from when it was approved once before and being approved once again, does that mean she would recieve back pay all the way back to 2000?

thank you

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio

my mother has been trying to get ssi disability since 2000. in june of 2000 a federal judge approved my mothers ssi. ssi never paid anything whatsoever. here it is 2012 and we pursued action through a community action person and she was able to get this in front of another judge for approval. it was indeed approved. a check should be here sometime this week. it seems like we are done fighting them for once. my question is since it was approved back in 2000 shouldnt she recieve money dating all the way back? the lady said thats what they were going to go for since it was already approved once. she had half her stomach removed back in 1995 and most definitely able to be declared disabled. and even more proof now that she has lung cancer.

simply put if the lady was going back as far as 2000 from when it was approved once before and being approved once again, does that mean she would recieve back pay all the way back to 2000?

thank you
Why was no SSI paid for the last 12 years? If an ALJ found her disabled, that is only part of being eligible for SSI. She also had to meet income and resource limits. Was she denied SSI for excess income or excess reources or what? Surely between 2000 and today, someone explained to her why she couldn't get paid SSI and notices were sent.

In the ALJ decision, there should be a paragraph about what application is being approved. I really really doubt that it is the 2000 application. If, in the off chance that the 2000 application is still alive, she would need to provide proof of all income, resources and living arrangement changes beginning in 2000 through the present.

It is more likely that there is a new application that has been approved and payment would begin with the date of that application.

If having half of her stomach removed was the only problem in 2000, I would find it hard to believe she was even approved. People today volunteer for stomach stapling, reduction of the stomach, for weight loss. It doesn't prevent someone from working.

Lung cancer, depending upon the stage, could be a reason to be approved. But according to you, she didn't have that in 2000, that is a recent diagnosis.

What is the date of the application that the ALJ approved? What is the date of onset that the ALJ found? The later of those two dates would be the entitlement date. And she still needs to provide all income, resource and living arrangement data from that date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">