• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to find out if someone is getting SSDI?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Georgia

Hello!

My question is how to find out if someone is drawing SSDI benefits. I have a friend who wants to find out if their ex-spouse is getting benefits.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Georgia

Hello!

My question is how to find out if someone is drawing SSDI benefits. I have a friend who wants to find out if their ex-spouse is getting benefits.

Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
why is that any of your friend's business?

BL

Well , I imagine if the X kicks the bucket , the friend would want to apply for benefits from the deceased .

Or possibly benefits for any children .

Why not tell the friend to call SSA and find out .

applecruncher

Or, maybe "friend" wants some of that chunk of backpay. :) Or "friend" resents ex not working and getting money every month.

But SSDI and benefits for surviving children are 2 very different things.

"Friend" can call SSA but I doubt they will give any information on the phone. Privacy, confidentiality, etc.

Last edited:
Don't resurrect old threads.... This one is about 2 years dead. :cool:
Because I don't spend much time on this site I am not aware of the "local customs" and this seems a good opportunity to ask ... is it not the responsibility of the person who started the thread to close it? Except, of course, when a site administrator chooses to do so.

Proserpina

Because I don't spend much time on this site I am not aware of the "local customs" and this seems a good opportunity to ask ... is it not the responsibility of the person who started the thread to close it? Except, of course, when a site administrator chooses to do so.

It's just common courtesy not to respond to years-old threads.

That's the "local custom" here.

:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">