• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need to obtain Medical Records from a facility that has been closed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

noconaasa

What is the name of your state?North Carolina

I am trying to accumulate all of my medical records and have found out that the hospital in Virginia I was in as a child has been closed down. :eek: How can I contact someone to find and obtain a copy of all of my medical records in this case? :confused:

bisto

In California all the hospitals in each county send all med_recs to a central warehouse location and all finacial folders are sent to another central location.
The only problem for you is that you have to a county employee to get access to these files.
Also even here when med-recs get to a certain age they are purged - destroyed.
May be, in your case, the newest ( 2-3 year old) med recs were moved to another location and the older ones were destroyed.
Why do you want them from your childhood anyway? It may be a lot of money and time spent chasing something that no longer exists.

What you could try doing is locate other hospitals still operating nearby the hospital that closed down. The patients must have gone somewhere, and may be their med recs did too. Or contact the county and ask them where the med recs were moved to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">