• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If you don't go for treatment???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

45Frank

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
I was approved for SS disability about 5-6 yrs. ago. I have had several heart attacks, on top of lower back pain since my mid 20's.
I am raising my kids myself and have an ex-wife who is an ex-con who keeps me in court constantly even though she doesn't have any legal rights to the kids.
While in court recently she told the judge that I had all this money and was working and collecting and just babbled for 10 minutes even in the wrong court in the wrong state. Go figure.
While in court the judge even asked me about my disability and work and how I was approved. I said after a while it's none of his business and I had an attorney handle this and wasn't prepared to argue my SS case in a family court. He stated it's his court and he will ask any questions he wants. Well then I get the letter from SS they are re evaluating my case. I have gotten much worse since.
My EF is now below 30%
I now have PolycythomiaVera, I get bled weekly or as needed. It causes me really bad head aches that last for days, hot flashes badf sweats at night and the worse is extream fatigue. Since being diagnosed 10 months ago I have gained about 65 pounds.
Now my back pain is to the point I sleep 4 hours per night and a few naps during the day. Pain; On a scale of one to 10 a ten 90% of the time.
My GP wants me to have surgery. I know several people who have had back surgery, 2 had to have another and are no better, 1 has had thee others, 1 is now addicted to pain medication and can't work, one is out of pain but can't lift a pencil with out problems.
My GP who I've talked about the re-evaluation with says if I don't go for treatment, the surgery, that could be a reason for them to stop SS. Is this true. I also am raising two kids and have never taken pain meds in my life. He says this is treatment. I see people on pain meds all the time and no thanks.
Althoiugh the pain is to the point I may have to try the pain meds.
Can they stop my disability because I won't take the meds or have the surgery? ? ?
Thanks sorry for the length just didn't want to leave anything out.
I also am scheduled for a pacemaker-defibrillator next month.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
I was approved for SS disability about 5-6 yrs. ago. I have had several heart attacks, on top of lower back pain since my mid 20's.
I am raising my kids myself and have an ex-wife who is an ex-con who keeps me in court constantly even though she doesn't have any legal rights to the kids.
While in court recently she told the judge that I had all this money and was working and collecting and just babbled for 10 minutes even in the wrong court in the wrong state. Go figure.
While in court the judge even asked me about my disability and work and how I was approved. I said after a while it's none of his business and I had an attorney handle this and wasn't prepared to argue my SS case in a family court. He stated it's his court and he will ask any questions he wants. Well then I get the letter from SS they are re evaluating my case. I have gotten much worse since.
My EF is now below 30%
I now have PolycythomiaVera, I get bled weekly or as needed. It causes me really bad head aches that last for days, hot flashes badf sweats at night and the worse is extream fatigue. Since being diagnosed 10 months ago I have gained about 65 pounds.
Now my back pain is to the point I sleep 4 hours per night and a few naps during the day. Pain; On a scale of one to 10 a ten 90% of the time.
My GP wants me to have surgery. I know several people who have had back surgery, 2 had to have another and are no better, 1 has had thee others, 1 is now addicted to pain medication and can't work, one is out of pain but can't lift a pencil with out problems.
My GP who I've talked about the re-evaluation with says if I don't go for treatment, the surgery, that could be a reason for them to stop SS. Is this true. I also am raising two kids and have never taken pain meds in my life. He says this is treatment. I see people on pain meds all the time and no thanks.
Althoiugh the pain is to the point I may have to try the pain meds.
Can they stop my disability because I won't take the meds or have the surgery? ? ?
Thanks sorry for the length just didn't want to leave anything out.
I also am scheduled for a pacemaker-defibrillator next month.
SSA takes the totality of your conditions along with your age , your prognoses ,and what is available in the work force you might be able to do .

It will not just depend on your back or pain meds .

Although I will tell you that my late sister complained of back pain and was denied SSA . She was in the appeals process when they discovered collapsed disk with cancer .In the end she was approved for that .

As far as a family court judge asking what your disabilities are ,you could have simply stated what you were approved under .

45Frank

Thank you for the reply, that's why I said after a while with the family court judge I answered his questions and he kept asking questions that I didn't know the answers to and not even related to the hearing. I got frustrated that he was even asking and I told him I had an attorney for that. He was fixated in my disability, how much I was getting, how long, and he didn't even have jurisdiction.
I am now 49 yrs. old and as I said there's my heart condition that has gotten worse and the polycythomia vera which isn't a good thing to have with heart disease since it thickens your blood and they don't want me on thinners because even though your blood it thick it doesn't clot. I wake up some days bleeding from my ears, once just out of my leg with no cut.
Then my back. I just didn't want them to say well you could have done this or done that and you chose not to.

dbarr123

I wonder why he was asking you so many questions regarding your disability. The only thing I can think of is whether you are in good enough condition to raise your children or are you possibly taken to many narcotics for the pain which would put the kids in a unsafe environment. Just a thought

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">