• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Issue with social security number and SSI account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joe3834

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hi,

I signed up to SSI 3 years ago. I recently changed my social security number due to a religious reason about 2 years ago. At the time of changing the social security number, I did not update the social security number on the SSI account because all my medical records were under the old social security number and changing it would be a daunting task and a big headache as I need to change it in many places with hospitals and other medically related facilities. So I never got around to updating the SSN on the SSI account. I want to update the SSN on the SSI account right now. It has been 2 years since changing the social security number, will that cause any complications when I go to update the SSN on the SSI account with the SSA?

Thank you for your input in advance.

LdiJ

Hi,

I signed up to SSI 3 years ago. I recently changed my social security number due to a religious reason about 2 years ago. At the time of changing the social security number, I did not update the social security number on the SSI account because all my medical records were under the old social security number and changing it would be a daunting task and a big headache as I need to change it in many places with hospitals and other medically related facilities. So I never got around to updating the SSN on the SSI account. I want to update the SSN on the SSI account right now. It has been 2 years since changing the social security number, will that cause any complications when I go to update the SSN on the SSI account with the SSA?

If you are not a troll, then this is far beyond what an internet forum can do for you. However I am dead certain that you are a troll.

single317dad

Hi,

I'm curious: when you change your phone number, do you keep giving out your old number to certain people? Are they ever able to contact you that way?

Onderzoek

Hi,

The NUMIDENT record and the MSSICS file interface several times a week. There would be alerts years ago. I don't believe this either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">