• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life insurance & SSI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nuwasa.gold

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas, Can I be the beneficiary of my brothers life insurance policy while on Medicaid in Texas? Can someone else buy a life insurance policy for me while I'm on Medicaid in Texas?

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas, Can I be the beneficiary of my brothers life insurance policy while on Medicaid in Texas? Can someone else buy a life insurance policy for me while I'm on Medicaid in Texas?
The title of your post is Life Insurance and SSI but your question is about life insurance and Medicaid in Texas.

As an SSI recipient, you can be the beneficiary of a life insurance policy and when you get the money when your brother dies, the amount will be evaluated under income and resource rules and may or may not make you ineligible at that time.

Anyone can own a life insurance policy for anyone on SSI. What matters is the OWNER, not the INSURED. If they buy a policy for you and make you the owner, then it is yours and is subject to evaluation as a resource.

I have no answers about Medicaid in Texas, however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">