• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Little unclear

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ctryder

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

I have called and got different answers from different people. This is what I would like to know.

1) When one gets disablility, does the amount rise if they are married with three children or is it just a base pay?

2) Can one draw SSD and SSI?

3) Or only SSD?

4) Or SSD, SSI and SSA?

5) If a man get SSD at the age of 57, like question number 1, will his wife raise the amount?

6) Can one still work while drawing SSD or SSD and SSI?

Simple questions, but always never a straight answer. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

I have called and got different answers from different people. This is what I would like to know.

1) When one gets disablility, does the amount rise if they are married with three children or is it just a base pay?

2) Can one draw SSD and SSI?

3) Or only SSD?

4) Or SSD, SSI and SSA?

5) If a man get SSD at the age of 57, like question number 1, will his wife raise the amount?

6) Can one still work while drawing SSD or SSD and SSI?

Simple questions, but always never a straight answer. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Your questions are not simple to answer since with most Social Security matters, there are rules and exceptions to rules and specific requirements that have to be met. But, you want simple answers.

1. No. There is nothing called base pay. There is an amount of Social Security disability that is payable to the disabled person. There may or may not be benefits payable to children and/or a spouse. But what is paid to the children does not increase what is paid to the disabled person.

2. Yes. A person can receive both SSD (Social Security Disability) and SSI (Supplemental Security Income) if they meet the requirements of each program. Some people meet only one set of rules. Some meet none.

3. Yes.

4. No clue what you are talking about when you use the acronym SSA since that is the name of the agency that distributes the benefits. Although there are people who use that acronym erroneously.

5. No. But when she is age 62, she might qualify on his record. Or not. His ex-spouse might also qualify for benefits on his record when she is age 62. Or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">