• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost SSI, really need medical card back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elizabethrose

I don't understand how to do this.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
My state is Ky. I don't see the text of my post, so here it is again. Sorry.

For 11 years, I received SSI and Medicaid for disability(even though my husband worked full time, our income met the qualifications).
In 2011, he went on dialysis and had to quit work. He now receives Social Security Retirement.
Since SSI counts unearned income differently than earned income, I no longer get SSI. I lost my medical card when they cut off my SSI. I am still listed as qualifying as disabled. I really need the medical card. Our income is not low enough for me to get one under ordinary income guidelines. Is there any way I could still get the medical card?? The workers all say no. Can anybody help me? Thanks so much.Oh, by the way, I haven’t worked enough to get Social Security disability myself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">