• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was my sons SSI approved?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cupcake1978

My son and I live in OH. I won't share the details of my sons disabilty, but I applied about 3 months ago and because of his age he had 3 doctors appointments with SSI and I took him to the first one and my son failed all the tests etc.

So I get a phone call one week later from his claim adj. and she said not to go to the next appointment because they just got the review from the doctor that day and they had enough evidence to make a decision on his case that day but she couldnt tell me what it was.

The next day I called them with a question about his case and the lady said not to get too excited but when she pulled up his screen there was an AL not a D, she said the AL probably stood for allowance and that I will be hearing from them a phone call or letter.

Someone told me an AL is the allowance and that means he was approved but it will take time to process it, up to 3 months. Is everything she said true? I contacted his claim adj today and she said they mailed the decision letter out yesterday so no chance of it going to denial after an examiner.

thanks for your time
ari

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">