• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My story do & donts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayrya12345

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan

I'm sitting here beating the hell out myself: I'll tell why & hopefully
it will benefit someone...

I had my hearing 6/11/14
The reason im beating myself up is i feel i didn't do or say enough
to express the pain i go through i mean i explained the kind of pains and where
but i didnt express it like as i sit here saying i should have...
Now my different pains can hit me at once & i didnt tell him that
my leg sometimes get weak and i didnt tell him that (figuring he knows)

He asked the level of pain & do it gets higher i believe i did good on that..
I really didn't express how my condition affected my life...
I brought a unprescribed cane & he asked me about it..He said what it's use?
then as when i was about to answer it, he answered it for me.(he said oh its for some kind of reason that i cant remember
H e asked how my house was built as far as stories...i told him upstairs, downstairs & basement & now again i think about
it i should of told him i only use 1 floor & i also told him how i had 1 of my episodes
i layed down & fell asleep and the upstairs caught fire because i was cookin some chicken
& forgot & fell asleep... He said wow!! i told him now i dont cook and i only fix simple meals...
He of course asked about my limitations i think i did good on that,,then what was really
tripping me out was he asked how much can i lift again as i was about to answer he answered it for me
He said what about a gallon of milk,,i said yes..Now mind you that wasnt the 1st question he answered for me
I'm rattling my brain wondering why. Could it be he wants to approve me & needed me to say the right things, i dont know..
then after the questioning he turned to the VE and she was a very nice lady she started talking about jobs nationally and regionally
then the judge asked her a hypothetical & she said its no jobs..Then he asked her another
hypo again she said no jobs..Then the judge asked my attorney did he have any ?'s he said no
then my lawyer asked me was anything i left out..again i choked and said no...
Then he concluded the hearing..I asked can i speak he said yes & i thanked him for being so nice...He said its no use
being mean to people & said i know you been waiting 2 years so ill try to get you a decision quick as possible. He told me havge a great day..

Now in my eyeS:
BAD POINTS: I didnt express myself enough...the cane may have hurt
my age (40)..doctors said i have mild depression (score 60-65)

GOOD POINTS: The judge was nice...the VE said no to both hypotheticals..
litte education (g.e.d)....little job experience

These are tips i know you read but i will only give you tips in my exp. i know to be true

1. never bring a unprescribed cane (judge can possibly think its a prop)
2. If your condition only allows you to sit for only 15 minutes or so & you sit their for 20 minutes
without getting up you are done...
3. when u in the office be careful what you do or say you dont know who is around you
for example...I was in the waiting room & it was a few people in their & i noticed
some people talking things over with they client right in the waiting room.
Now to my right was this lady just sitting their and would you know it she was the VE
So if i would of did or said something wrong i would of been in trouble..

So now i have that could of did more feeling and its a terrible feeling..
So please try to express yourself..make him feel YO PAIN or you may regret it later...

BUT also dont over do it that can be damaging also....

Proserpina

PLEASE stop starting new threads about the same thing!

Not only is it completely redundant, but it's inaccurate too.

rayrya12345

I APOLOGIZE DONT DELETE ME FROM THIS SITE I MADE A MISTAKE SORRY
no 1 is perfect like u thats my words for today

Proserpina

I APOLOGIZE DONT DELETE ME FROM THIS SITE I MADE A MISTAKE SORRY
no 1 is perfect like u thats my words for today

Oh my goodness - whoever told you that I'm perfect is a big fat liar! You need to go up to that person and kick them in the shin (just don't get caught).

With that said...hon, it's not that you're breaking any rules. It's just that ideally this forum is dedicated to offering legal information; it's not a blog site and while I'm sure there are plenty of sites where you can share your experience, this site isn't one of them.

Sound fair?

Ladyback1

You don't know yet if you have been denied/approved...thus, your list of do's and dont's does not mean a whole lot.
And frankly, while I know this must be a stressful time for you, obsessing about it on a message board is not going to help.

rayrya12345

Ms

it may not help u but it helps me....its always good to get someones opinions & thoughts..
we in life try to grasp and hold onto something..So groups help me..im in 1 site we talk about things other cases & it is good to find people thats going or been through what you are going through...

rayrya12345

Ms

ok u say this is a legal advice forum..ok i need legal advice

if the VE says its no jobs to the judges hypotheticals and i get denied is that grounds for appeal?

quincy

it may not help u but it helps me....its always good to get someones opinions & thoughts..
we in life try to grasp and hold onto something..So groups help me..im in 1 site we talk about things other cases & it is good to find people thats going or been through what you are going through...
There are better places than a legal forum to write about your experiences, rayrya. This site is to address legal questions and concerns.

You can add your latest question to your first thread. Your second thread was deleted.

Good luck to you.

(I have always thought of you as perfect, Proserpina :))

Last edited:

Just Blue

Oh my goodness - whoever told you that I'm perfect is a big fat liar! You need to go up to that person and kick them in the shin (just don't get caught).

With that said...hon, it's not that you're breaking any rules. It's just that ideally this forum is dedicated to offering legal information; it's not a blog site and while I'm sure there are plenty of sites where you can share your experience, this site isn't one of them.

Sound fair?
Very Very and VERY fair!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">