• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice SS problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostyhd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi
I recently was released from Federal Prison. When I went to the Halfway House I was told by the counselor that I could file for my retirement SS checks I was 66 at the time. I did and had to pay the Halfway House 25% of the monthly check. Now I receive a letter from SS saying they are gonna stop my checks because I wasn't supposed to receive them while at the Halfway house. Is there any recourse for me on this ?

Frostyhd

was this simply SS retirement benefits or was this SSI or SSDI?
SS Retirement and this was the only forum that had anything to do with SS so if this is the attitude I get from here then being educated you will know xxx:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverplum

SS Retirement and this was the only forum that had anything to do with SS so if this is the attitude I get from here then being educated you will know !!!!!
:mad:
I think your attitude is way out of line.

We don't allow swearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">