• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ Division of Disability Determination Services process questions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I have a permanent injury that I was put on SSI for. I wasn't even denied my first attempt, and I've been on SSI for 10 years. As it is, every 10 years they require a review.

I've sent in all my medical information and so have my doctors.

I am wondering if NJ DDS requires you to go physically in at all for them to make a determination? I remember when I first applied, I had to get an exam.

Is it likely they will call me in again? And if so, am I allowed to make an appointment, or will I be forced to go on a set date by them? If I'm allowed to make an appointment, how long do I have to do it?

I've read that NJ DDS can take 11-12 months to decide?? Is this true?

Will they inform me if I am still with the program? Or will I only be informed if I am denied?

Is there any way I can find out this *without* using the phone? I can only seem to find phone numbers, but no email addresses.

Thank you for reading.

LdiJ

I have a permanent injury that I was put on SSI for. I wasn't even denied my first attempt, and I've been on SSI for 10 years. As it is, every 10 years they require a review.

I've sent in all my medical information and so have my doctors.

I am wondering if NJ DDS requires you to go physically in at all for them to make a determination? I remember when I first applied, I had to get an exam.

Is it likely they will call me in again? And if so, am I allowed to make an appointment, or will I be forced to go on a set date by them? If I'm allowed to make an appointment, how long do I have to do it?

I've read that NJ DDS can take 11-12 months to decide?? Is this true?

Will they inform me if I am still with the program? Or will I only be informed if I am denied?

Is there any way I can find out this *without* using the phone? I can only seem to find phone numbers, but no email addresses.

Thank you for reading.
Why are you anti making a phone call? Personally, for something that important I would actually go down to the offices and talk to someone in person.

Why are you anti making a phone call? Personally, for something that important I would actually go down to the offices and talk to someone in person.
I am partially mute and I have trouble speaking/pronouncing words. I am also incapable of driving, and either I have to find a family member to drive me places, or set up a ride with a special car services for people with disabilities since my area lacks public transit or taxis (I live in pretty much the middle of nowhere farmland town).

It's the reason why I am worried about the date if they want to see me. I can never seem to find a ride on a day that I need...I always have to wait until someone has free time in their schedule, and the car service I use can have a 2-week waiting period--so the sooner I know the dates of things, the better.

If I did have to go in for an examination on a set date, does the SDD make it within the same month that they require to see you?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am partially mute and I have trouble speaking/pronouncing words. I am also incapable of driving, and either I have to find a family member to drive me places, or set up a ride with a special car services for people with disabilities since my area lacks public transit or taxis (I live in pretty much the middle of nowhere farmland town).

It's the reason why I am worried about the date if they want to see me. I can never seem to find a ride on a day that I need...I always have to wait until someone has free time in their schedule, and the car service I use can have a 2-week waiting period--so the sooner I know the dates of things, the better.

If I did have to go in for an examination on a set date, does the SDD make it within the same month that they require to see you?
Have you considered Uber or Lyft?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">