• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nursing home medicaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

klbwwb

What is the name of your state? TX

My grandmother collects 200 per month in SS, grandfather- Alzhiemer's patient- collects 500. This past week she had to put him in a nursing home.

2 Questions- Isn't she allowed to draw off of his SS and collect 500 per month?

Also, the together own a house, and 100 acres used for farming that helps supplement her income- by no means over any income limits. She also owns a new car in her name only that my mother bought for her, and has 18,000 in the bank that is to pay the taxes and such for the rest of her life. Is HE eligable for Nursing Home Medicaid?

BL

I'm not familiar w/ TX Laws on this , BUT it would seem any Medicaid/medical would have a Lien placed against any property when sold .

My unc. in NY was alltimers ( sp - not to be funny ) , he could no longer stay at home , it was too much .

SS took care of nursing home expenses I do believe .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">