• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Part D cancelled without my knowledge HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajsandiego

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My friend is currently on disability because of AIDS since 2010. He had medicare Part a, Part B (which he pays $104.00 per month), is also had Pard D which medicare has been paying the monthly premium. He also had California Medicaid, and ADAP (a speical program through the Ryan White Act) to pay for expenses not covered my medicare. Without any coverage monthly prescription cost would be about $5,000 a month, just to keep me alive. Everything was going fine until July of this year.

Before July, I would get my prescriptions at the pharmacy and ADAP would cover the uncovered medicare part, then medicaid would pay the next uncovered medicare part, the medicare would pay the rest which ends up no copayment.

They changed ADAP providers and in august I got a call from my pharmacy that Envision (The Part D and ADAP) company are no longer covering my prescriptions and that I had to get them removed and make the new (California ADAP Insurance provider) Megellan as my primary insurance.

My Being Alive benefits coordinator told me to call Megellan, and they said everything was fine, then they called the pharmacy to correct it. But, the pharmacy called back and said that I still had to remove Envision before I can get my presecriptions. Well I called Envision and they said they disenrolled me from their insurance plan and disenrolled me from my Medicare Part D because I was six months behind on my payment. Evidently Medicare made a mistake and stopped paying my premium under the assistance program, but didn't inform me, then Envision dropped my Part D without notifiying me. I call social security, they told me to call Envension, then Envision told to to call Medicare, Being Alive said to call Megellan, Megellan said everything was fine and it was a medicare problem. Everytime I call somebody they would push me away and tell me to call someone else (someone who gives a DAmdnnnd). My doctor (who is a resident with the Owens Clinic) at UCSD for AIDS program patients tried to push the prescription through the UCSD hospital pharmacy. Thought everything was going to be fine until I went to pick up the medications. "That will be $879 payment, how would you like to pay it", Sorry I only get 1400 per month. So now I'm 19 days without medication and I need to get something, or just sit here waiting to die. I know I should be using the he, because I have VA medical, but I feel like I have been going through all this mess with him trying to help. Any suggestions.

ShyCat

Please clarify. Why did this start out as about your friend and then within the first paragragh switched to yourself? Which one are you?

ajsandiego

Please clarify. Why did this start out as about your friend and then within the first paragragh switched to yourself? Which one are you?
All of it is about him, not about me, lol It was the brain thinking him, but my fingers were typing about me. sorry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">