• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a payee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alishass

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have been on SSDI for a mental disability since July of 2010. When I got approved they said that I had to have a payee. I called my case worker and he told me that the only way that I could get my own funds is to get a letter from my dr. If I do this will I risk losing my benefits? Will they automatically review me?

thanks

Alisha

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have been on SSDI for a mental disability since July of 2010. When I got approved they said that I had to have a payee. I called my case worker and he told me that the only way that I could get my own funds is to get a letter from my dr. If I do this will I risk losing my benefits? Will they automatically review me?

thanks

Alisha
No ,you will not risk losing your benefits .

SSA wants to make sure you can handle your money to have a roof over your head and the basic necessities you need.

If the payee is not doing their duty you can bring it to SSA's attention and request an assignment of another payee .

SSA will of course have to approve it.

In the event your payee choses no longer to be your payee and there is no immediate replacement ( such as an agency ) SSA will have no choice but to send your benefits to you..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">