• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proof of start date of SSDI (social security disability)?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rockthebilly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

I have a friend going to court over child support payments and needs proof of the date he started receiving his SSDI. He's misplaced the original letters/documentation and needs them for his hearing on Thursday. He's made a few calls but the general consensus is that SS cannot locate this information and fax it to him that soon, which seems really crazy to me.

Is there something we aren't thinking of? How can he obtain proof of the start date by then?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

I have a friend going to court over child support payments and needs proof of the date he started receiving his SSDI. He's misplaced the original letters/documentation and needs them for his hearing on Thursday. He's made a few calls but the general consensus is that SS cannot locate this information and fax it to him that soon, which seems really crazy to me.

Is there something we aren't thinking of? How can he obtain proof of the start date by then?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
when i requested this information, i went down to the SSA office in person, asked for a payment history. it gave the date of the first payment. if a lump sum was given for retro pay, you can calculate the lump sum by dividing the monthly given allowance.

BL

Even if you call your local SSA office ,they can get it out sooner in the mail.

If you do not have it by court date request a reschedule return date ,and inform the court you have requested the information and that you just haven't received it yet .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">