• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about my SSI and my adult sons SSI , PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetpea1976

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida . I have Breast cancer and receive 623 a month in SSI, My adult son who is 22 who has Muscular dystrophy since birth, but is mentally great ( his checks go in his name)receives SSI also for 627.00. He wants to move in with me and was going to give me a lil rent and light money (around 200) Since this is what i need to pay all my bills for the month. Will this affect his or my SSI. I dont spend his check, thats his money. my bills for the month coming up soon when i move will be 823 which is my whole check plus his part in the rent and lights. I guess what im saying is if he is renting out a room will they take the 200 from my check that he is giving me so the total bills can be paid for the month, otherwise if the take it, i won't have enough to pay the bills and my son needs me. Plus i have 2 small children in the house as well????? Will they take from my son...me????????:(:(:(:( Thank you very much,

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida . I have Breast cancer and receive 623 a month in SSI, My adult son who is 22 who has Muscular dystrophy since birth, but is mentally great ( his checks go in his name)receives SSI also for 627.00. He wants to move in with me and was going to give me a lil rent and light money (around 200) Since this is what i need to pay all my bills for the month. Will this affect his or my SSI. I dont spend his check, thats his money. my bills for the month coming up soon when i move will be 823 which is my whole check plus his part in the rent and lights. I guess what im saying is if he is renting out a room will they take the 200 from my check that he is giving me so the total bills can be paid for the month, otherwise if the take it, i won't have enough to pay the bills and my son needs me. Plus i have 2 small children in the house as well????? Will they take from my son...me????????:(:(:(:( Thank you very much,
I was going to say that you would be in a "Public Assistance Household" until you through in the fact that there are two others in the house.

He can pay 1/4 of the rent, gas, electricity, water, sewer, garbage, heating fuel and food since there are four of you (you, him, the 2 small children). Neither of you will then be considered to have income.

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0500835130

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0500835160

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">