• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Receiving SSI benefits under a false name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BeckBoo

It didn't post right the first time..sorry!

(I would prefer not to give the state - I can provide if need be)

A in-law of mine is receiving SSI benefits under a false (possibly stolen) identity. They claim is it because they are under "witness protection". However, they live with close relatives. My understanding in talking with law enforcement, that they do not send you live with relatives if you are under witness protection.

Who do I contact to report this? I have tried the SSA, local law enforcement, etc. It also should be noted that this person does have active warrants for their arrest (as confirmed via a public record search) under their real name.

Thanks your time!

Last edited:

BL

A in-law of mine is receiving SSI benefits under a false (possibly stolen) identity. They claim is it because they are under "witness protection". However, they live with close relatives. My understanding in talking with law enforcement, that they do not send you live with relatives if you are under witness protection.

Who do I contact to report this? I have tried the SSA, local law enforcement, etc. It also should be noted that this person does have active warrants for their arrest (as confirmed via a public record search) under their real name.

Thanks your time!
Ok it shows you have 6 post.I can't find the other 5.

So what's your beef with this individual ?

You state you have been in contact with law enforcement ( hint warrant ) :rolleyes:

You state you have been in touch with SSA ( false name - hint - outstanding warrant - hint ).

So why do you keep posting about it ?

BeckBoo

Ok it shows you have 6 post.I can't find the other 5. They were for a totally different question I had...

So what's your beef with this individual ? I just have a very strong sense of right and wrong, and this is so wrong! I can't stand law breakers...even family!

You state you have been in contact with law enforcement ( hint warrant ) :rolleyes: (yes, both states as the warrants are for one state and they live across the state line). Because it crosses two states, neither one wants to go after them.

You state you have been in touch with SSA ( false name - hint - outstanding warrant - hint ). Yes...over a year ago...it seems that SSI is just too darn busy to go after one person...

So why do you keep posting about it ?
This is my first post on this subject.

Onderzoek

Thanks your time!
http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/48

Call the SSA OIG hotline. Provide as much detail (SSN, date of birth, parents' names, address) as you can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">