• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Representative payee report for nursing home resident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jds217

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I'm SS representative payee (since last year) and power of attorney (for 7 years) for my 90 year old grandmother, who is in a nursing home, and since late last year on public aid/medicaid since her money ran out.

I'm working on filling out the first represtantive payee report for SS. I have good records of everything spent & received.

Here's my question: The report wants to know how much was spent for her on nursing home care, and for personal needs. Well, since we were "spending down" her savings on nursing home care, funeral plans, plus personal needs (RX, medicare supplement insurance, primarily), we spent much MORE than what she actually received from SS last year.

Do I report the full amounts spent on these items, or only up to the amount she received from SS?

Thanks!What is the name of your state?

Betty

They just want to know how the amt. of SS recvd. was spent - the amt. received for the year should be on the form. They are interested in if all was spent or some saved. There's a place on the form for comments if you wish to furnish them with any add'l. info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">