• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ruled no longer disabled after overpayment, yet no mention of paying SS back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CygnusX1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

As the title states yesterday I got a letter of determination from my CDR stating I'm no longer considered disabled . This coming after I got a letter Monday saying after reviewing my work review paperwork that my SSDI should have been discontinued in Oct 2014. The letter said they still haven't made a determination as to if my benifits would stop.

The letter that came yesterday said I will recieve a check for Aug, Sept & Oct and my medicare will end Oct along with the SSDI. This after my benefits were already stopped in March.

I'm a bit confused because the latest letter didn't mention an overpayment. It just said if I appeal and am turned down Ill owe then money back.

CygnusX1

I have no issue with the loss of SSDI. Bow before me Quincy before I nake a call to your superior :D

P.S. I posted on this same topic back in March under the handle Hemispheres

quincy

I have no issue with the loss of SSDI. Bow before me Quincy before I nake a call to your superior :D

P.S. I posted on this same topic back in March under the handle Hemispheres
My superior probably would be amused by any call you were to make ... so feel free. :)

Thanks for the additional information. It is generally best on this forum if you keep all related questions to one thread, as the background information can help the forum members help you better. It is also best if you keep the same user name, this for the same reason.

We have some forum members who are extremely knowledgeable about social security disability laws (I am not one of them), so keep checking back to see if someone has responded to your concerns.

CygnusX1

Yeah I lost the password to my old account after closing my crappy gmx mail account.

I'm just a bit dumbfounded. I sent In all paystubs from the current job and made an educated guess on the past jobs and I haven't heard a single thing as far as overpayment goes. Just we shouldve stopped it close to two years ago and we no longer consider you disable. HOWEVER here's 3 more months of checks and medicare on us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">