• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should SSDI approval void a business contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

[email protected]

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
I was recently sued in small claims court for breach of contract by an unscrupulous wedding planner after I fired her, prior to the wedding (which will take place in Oct. of 2008) for which she was hired to help plan. She was hired in Oct. 2007 and fired Feb. 2008. Suit was filed March 2008. At the hearing in July 2008, the dishonorable judge ruled for home girl plaintiff and ordered me to pay her for services not rendered. Order stated "it appears plaintiff was fired due to a personality conflict between the plaintiff, the bride, and her best friend".

Meanwhile, I have learned plannerzilla has recently been awarded SSDI for a back injury. It seems it would take quite a while for SSDI to actually investigate a disability claim and then render their decision to accept someone as permanently disabled, which leads me to believe she had already applied for SSDI at the time she entered into the contract with me.

My question is, does anyone think I can have the Order vacated due to plaintiff entering into a contract to perform services while she knowingly had applied for total disabilty status?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">