• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boceefus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My father in law died on June 30th. We called Social Security to find out about his ss benefits because we are counting on it to pay rent for August. They said if he lived the entire month of June, we would be eligible for July's payment. He died the last day of June. Is there any way around this? It just seems wrong that because he died on the last day of the month no payment can be issued for July.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My father in law died on June 30th. We called Social Security to find out about his ss benefits because we are counting on it to pay rent for August. They said if he lived the entire month of June, we would be eligible for July's payment. He died the last day of June. Is there any way around this? It just seems wrong that because he died on the last day of the month no payment can be issued for July.
You were counting on his money to pay your rent?? :eek:

No. That's the law. That's how it works.

boceefus

Thank you for your replys. Yes, we were counting on 1 more payment to give us time to look for another home.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you for your replys. Yes, we were counting on 1 more payment to give us time to look for another home.
Incredible -
So you think it's ok to defraud the government (actually, ME and everyone else who pays taxes) by using your dead uncle's benefits to pay for a place that he (obviously) doesn't live.

boceefus

SS Benefits

First of all, we're not trying to defraud anyone. 2nd of all I do have a job. 3rd, who the hell are you to judge me? the purpose of this post was to find out if there was any way to LEGALLY...I REPEAT, LEGALLY obtain 1 more payment to give us time to look for a smaller home. Don't post here anymore please. I recieved my answer and will act accordingly. Save your opinions for people you already know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">