• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xchange

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Can anyone give me advice on being able to collect SSDI, I am type 2 Diabetic with neuropathy in both feet, being a maintenance employee I can,t do my job anymore with the bad feet. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

OHRoadwarrior

You need a doctor willing to certify you will be totally disabled for over a year and medical treatments have failed. You need to fall within SSDI approval guidelines. This is not a process where you stop work one day and are approved for SSDI the next. The paperwork process itself usually leaves you without income for many months. Have you tried Cymbalta and Neurontin? Can you do any other type of job, where you can earn $1000 a month?

csi7

The original disability benefits application for social security disability benefits is your first step. You need to have all of your doctors' names, addresses, visits, and then on the part of how the disability impacts your daily living activities, you need to connect the details to the disability.

applecruncher

If you haven’t already, you need to begin the process by contacting Social Security and applying for disability. No one can predict whether you will be approved. If you are disapproved, you can appeal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">