• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security death benefits to child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tburk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

What will happen to me if I didnt use my 17 year old daughter ssn death benefit check for her for 9 months when I lost my job and she moved in with friends?

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

What will happen to me if I didnt use my 17 year old daughter ssn death benefit check for her for 9 months when I lost my job and she moved in with friends?
Since you obviously feel guilty, you should write her a check for the amount of 9 months of benefits. If you don't have the money, sell something.

tburk

SSN death benefits

That still doesnt answer my question??? What is going to happen to me with the government?

commentator

You were the payee on her behalf. Did you provide any support for her at all during that time period? Did you pay rent, buy her food, buy her clothes, provide medical care? Anything at all? Did you force her to move out? Who paid her expenses during that 9 months, was she totally self supporting?If it was her choice to move out, she still could not have received those benefits herself independently of a payee. She had the option to stay with you and receive the benefit of receiving them, didn't she?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">