• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Disability and stipends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flyboynm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I am on Social Security Disability. I am being recruited via my school for the TaLK Scholarship Program to Teach English in Korea for a 6 month term. The scholarship pays a stipend every month "which includes the month stipend and allowances to support teaching duties and learning experiences about the Korean culture."

Does Social Security view stipends paid as income in instances such as this program?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I am on Social Security Disability. I am being recruited via my school for the TaLK Scholarship Program to Teach English in Korea for a 6 month term. The scholarship pays a stipend every month "which includes the month stipend and allowances to support teaching duties and learning experiences about the Korean culture."

Does Social Security view stipends paid as income in instances such as this program?
What all is being provided under the program besides the stipend, and how much is the monthly stipend? Will you be getting housing, food, transportation?

flyboynm

I am trying to get a link to a sample contract I saw earlier to answer the question but I am having problems. It is the TaLK program of Korea. I am having problems with my PC but you can get the info and see a sample contract off this site: http://www.epik.go.kr/

Thank you in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">