• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security foul up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

Just another small person who hides behind internet.
I'll tell ya what:

I apologize for getting beyond your issue. It was not needed and for that I apologize.

take note, I had not questioned your integrity. I was suggesting taking a personal accounting of your income so you can show you did not earn income outside the period you understand it to be. It was not questioning what you said but simply suggesting you make sure of your claims.

With that in mind, sometimes something as simple as pay date compared to earned date can cause income to be reported in a trailing month. With all seriousness that was simply meant to make sure of what you claim when you do speak with the SS.

with that, best of luck to ya. I do not disagree arguing with the SS can be as successful as, well, arguing with me sometimes. It is probably about as enjoyable.

OHRoadwarrior

I just ran across a vet receiving almost full disability for seizures. Turns out he is perfectly capable of working like many people with seizures and spent his time on a ship warming a bunk getting online degrees. I told him he should take some of that free money from Uncle Sugar and use it to help real homeless vets that suffer from their service.

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I have been on SSI Disability since 2009. I had a 6 month contract job from July 2014 to January 2015. I received a letter in Nov 6, 2015 stating I was due an increase due to the months I worked, and it stated my work ended in January 2015. Then in Dec 2015 I received no benefits and was told it was due to they thought I was still working. I have had to live on nothing, jump through numerous hoops, been told a number of things that turned out to be false, finally on January 26 th told I was reinstated, but still haven't seen pay. The letter from November 6th shows that SSI knew what I made, and that I stopped working in January 2015 contrary to their actions in claiming they didn't know and stopping my benefits.
Their incompetence caused tremendous hardships and stress that caused sleepless nights. I want to sue for the incompetence and the hell they forced me through, and still going through as I haven't seen any pay yet. Can I sue them?

Sue for what? In what court? What are your damages? Good luck suing the government for 'incompetence'. Is it illegal to be incompetent? How are you going to prove incompetence? Maybe what you call jumping through hoops is normal government procedure. And how do you know which part of the huge SSA made the wrong decisions?

I see that you are unhappy with the way SSA processed your issue. I recognize that. And no, it is not like private industry where you can go somewhere else to get satisfaction. But I am pretty sure there is no law that protects you from sleepless nights and you are not owed money because of it.

But do what you want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">