• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Update?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trudijane

What is the name of your state?
San Francisco, California

I have been collecting Social Security Income for 6 years or so. I didn't expect to get it because I read of people who I felt deserved it more than I did, even though my disease is invisible. Every 3 years, they send you an update and you answer a few questions, and what has been going on every 2 years (according to SSI rules?). I remember getting it 3 years ago and I was under the care of a psychiatrist. I answered my questions, gave the form to her, and my income, to my relief, remained intact.

During the past 2 years, because of changes in insurance, unfortunately I have had to change Drs. 3X, like starting all over. In addition to that, I have been in & out of hospitals. The truth is, my condition as worsened because of a lack of consistency in my treatment. I'm not seeing a new Dr. (alot of Drs.). I'd rather not discuss my illness here; and I did not need a lawyer to get me social security, but a state insurance company helped me continue it when my disabiity from them expired. I was very surprised to get it only because of all the people out there who are in such physical pain...initially I got disabiity for back pain; it was awful; as time went on, other problems developed.

I'm just worried because it is my only income and I've tried working and cannot, or at least 3 hours/day, but I live in an expensive city and i would never be able to support myself here. No family, no local friends. Should I worry about anything? or is this just standard?

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">