• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SS Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knuckleheadride

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Hi All!!! One more question for now ...
My wife has recently become disabled because of a very bad back. She is 55 and has 37 credits of work. Can she receive SSD benefits?? If so, how will this affect my SS benefits when I retire in June of 2012?? Thanks for any input you may have ************** Timm ...... :confused:

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Hi All!!! One more question for now ...
My wife has recently become disabled because of a very bad back. She is 55 and has 37 credits of work. Can she receive SSD benefits?? If so, how will this affect my SS benefits when I retire in June of 2012?? Thanks for any input you may have ************** Timm ...... :confused:
No. She needs 40 credits and 20 of them have to be in the last 10 years. If you and she are low income, she might be able to get SSI, but with your pensions, that doesn't sound likely.

Even if she could get SSDI, it does nothing to your retirement benefit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">