• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SS retirement and pension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knuckleheadride

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Hi All .... I am seriously considering retiring in June of 2012. I am currently recieving a pension from Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund. When I retire, I will also recieve a pension from Arizona State Retirement System. I heard that a pension that is pre-tax will decrease my SSI benefit. Can anyone shed some light on this??? How do I determine if these pensions will decrease my benefit??? As stated, I plan to retire, but if my benefits are decreased, I don't think I will be able to. Thanks for your input. Timm ...

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Hi All .... I am seriously considering retiring in June of 2012. I am currently recieving a pension from Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund. When I retire, I will also recieve a pension from Arizona State Retirement System. I heard that a pension that is pre-tax will decrease my SSI benefit. Can anyone shed some light on this??? How do I determine if these pensions will decrease my benefit??? As stated, I plan to retire, but if my benefits are decreased, I don't think I will be able to. Thanks for your input. Timm ...

Start here. Read it all. Try some calculators.

Social Security Retirement Planner

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">