• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSD for Adult Daughter - One-Half Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hoons

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I'm applying for SSD on behalf of my disabled adult daughter (turned 18 in September) and I'm not certain about the question 'Does a parent receive one-half support from you?'.

Currently, my daughter lives with her mother (my ex-wife) and I pay child-support for her.

Can someone explain to me exactly what that question means? Is that asking if my daughter supports her mother, or does it apply to the child support I give her?

Thank you for any information and please let me know if you need any more details.

Hoons

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I'm applying for SSD on behalf of my disabled adult daughter (turned 18 in September) and I'm not certain about the question 'Does a parent receive one-half support from you?'.

Currently, my daughter lives with her mother (my ex-wife) and I pay child-support for her.

Can someone explain to me exactly what that question means? Is that asking if my daughter supports her mother, or does it apply to the child support I give her?

Thank you for any information and please let me know if you need any more details.

Hoons
I believe its asking if the daughter supports her mother.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">