• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On SSD receiving a settlement unrelated to disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deejay1032

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I am on SSD & receive medicare & medicaid. I was injured due to a fall. The company wants to make settlement. Medicare & medicaid paid all the medical bills due to this injury. Do I have to reimburse medicare & medicaid out of my settlement moneyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I am on SSD & receive medicare & medicaid. I was injured due to a fall. The company wants to make settlement. Medicare & medicaid paid all the medical bills due to this injury. Do I have to reimburse medicare & medicaid out of my settlement moneyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What did you put on the forms when you went for medical care ?

Did you say it was from a work injury ?

If not , I suspect , your answer is yes .

If so , I suspect the answer is , you will have to notify those agencies , as it will be deemed income that may effect your benefits .

deejay1032

When I got to the emergency room by ambulance right from the store I was injured at I told them I was injured at the store & how it happened, filled out form to reflect that & handed them my Medicare & medicaid cards.

I was not injured at work as I was already & am currently disabled & collecting
SSD. This injury has nothing to do with the reason I am disabled

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">