• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSD Representative Payee Bank Account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jennie1605

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

When Social Security requires a person to have a representative payee and that person sets up a bank account titled "Jane Doe, John Doe Rep Payee For" who has direct access through the bank to the funds in the account?

If my understanding is correct that only the payee is allowed to have access to the account, then who is responisible when the bank gives full access of the account to the beneficiary through the use of a debit card in only there name and withdrawals from banking centers?

Also, if it is the bank's responisibility to protect the funds from bein withhdrawn by anyone other then the payee and they are not willing to take that responisibility when it happens who or what body of goverment would one go to for resoultion? :confused:

BL

Social Security Administration - Representative Payee Program

Social Security - Representative Payee Program - Beneficiaries Who Have a Payee

I don't know who you are posting these questions , but the answers are at SSA.GOV

I hope you're not trying to get over on a recipient here .

If you are a Payee you should know your Duties .

If you are an SS recipient , the second link will instruct you what to do if you believe your money is being mishandle .

If a recipient has a Rep. Payee the funds should be in the name ( and a separate account - if one is opened ) of the Payee FOR the recipient .

Both names appearing on the bank invoice or check(s) , as described above .

Kiawah

Why would not the payee, protect the debit card and pin just like any other card that the payee received?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">