• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI auxiliary benefits - Multiple children - Multiple households

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can answer her questions. I did answer her questions. It's all in the links I posted.

No you didn't. You pulled literature than anyone can google. And no, the answers WERE NOT in the links AT ALL!!!!!! Point out in those particular links where my questions are answered? Did you even read them?

Last edited by a moderator:

It is a LEGAL question. The Federal Code governs the SSA. The Code is ambiguous as to auxiliary benefits for multiple children in multiple households.

CSO286

It is a LEGAL question. The Federal Code governs the SSA. The Code is ambiguous as to auxiliary benefits for multiple children in multiple households.
Federal codes govern every type of welfare/assistance prgoram. But it's the intricacies of POLICY that dictate how the programs are adminstered. The codes generally indicate that x,y and z must be done, but it's POLICY that spells out exactly how that must occur (rules, eligibility requirements, etc.).

I know exactly of what I speak, since I happen to administer one of those Federally Mandated Programs.

You aren't understanding the difference.

Federal codes govern every type of welfare/assistance prgoram. But it's the intricacies of POLICY that dictate how the programs are adminstered. The codes generally indicate that x,y and z must be done, but it's POLICY that spells out exactly how that must occur (rules, eligibility requirements, etc.).

You aren't understanding the difference.
That's actually helpful. Got it. Thank you!

OHRoadwarrior

I believe your son will get the max until other children are tendered. That said, the other children upon application would be entitled to 2/3 of the child benefit from date of onset, unless statutorily denied. This could result in an overpayment and required reimbursement. The amount they can get total is 50% or limited by family max.

BL

I think if the children are of age entitled to benefits and Dad knows or might know of their whereabouts , HE should make a reasonable effort to track the information down , be it through school registration http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html , or other means to give to SSA.

Otherwise wait for the appoint. with SSA.

I believe your son will get the max until other children are tendered. That said, the other children upon application would be entitled to 2/3 of the child benefit from date of onset, unless statutorily denied. This could result in an overpayment and required reimbursement. The amount they can get total is 50% or limited by family max.
Yeah! Finally a legitimate answer. I think I pretty much understand. Are you suggesting that, if my son is given the full amount, I should hold out 2/3 and put that away in a savings account for when/if first wife files? There's a possibility that he might be overpaid when/if first wife files?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yeah! Finally a legitimate answer. I think I pretty much understand. Are you suggesting that, if my son is given the full amount, I should hold out 2/3 and put that away in a savings account for when/if first wife files? There's a possibility that he might be overpaid when/if first wife files?
OH is guessing - seriously. Look at the way the post is worded.

I think if the children are of age entitled to benefits and Dad knows or might know of their whereabouts , HE should make a reasonable effort to track the information down , be it through school registration http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html , or other means to give to SSA.

Otherwise wait for the appoint. with SSA.
Right, I agree, but sadly I know he won't. I'd let the mom know if I knew how to contact her or the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">