• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI Back Pay Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dougnddeb

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I filed for SSDI 8/10/2005

I won on appeal but the Judge said disability started 2/14/2006

My question is how far back do they go for back pay?

Will mine be from August 2006 to the time they start monthly payments?

I read somewhere that the maximum back pay is only one year, is that true?

This is my first post and I'm glad I found this website. I hope someone can answer my questions. Thanks in advance.

Doug

BL

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I filed for SSDI 8/10/2005

I won on appeal but the Judge said disability started 2/14/2006

My question is how far back do they go for back pay?

Will mine be from August 2006 to the time they start monthly payments?

I read somewhere that the maximum back pay is only one year, is that true?

This is my first post and I'm glad I found this website. I hope someone can answer my questions. Thanks in advance.

Doug

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/back-pay.html

Ozark_Sophist

I looked at the url you gave me and so there is a maximum of one year for back pay with SSDI?

Thanks,
Doug
What was your date of disability? The maximum of one year for back pay refers to when your disability began and when you first file for SSDI. If you file for disability within one year of becoming disabled, you get back pay from your date of disability less a six month wait period. If you wait longer than one year from onset of your disability before filing for SSDI, the one year applies.

Dougnddeb

What was your date of disability? The maximum of one year for back pay refers to when your disability began and when you first file for SSDI. If you file for disability within one year of becoming disabled, you get back pay from your date of disability less a six month wait period. If you wait longer than one year from onset of your disability before filing for SSDI, the one year applies.
My date of diability was 2/14/06. I'm more confused (sorry :confused:) now. I called my local SSA and he said back pay can be more than one year.

Thanks,
Doug

BL

My date of diability was 2/14/06. I'm more confused (sorry :confused:) now. I called my local SSA and he said back pay can be more than one year.

Thanks,
Doug
Read what the last poster stated .

Yes the cite I posted and it's contents are confusing , but it was put into perspective .

SSA has determined you disability onset date was 2/14/06 .

I think it's 5 months waiting period from that date , so figure your back pay from 5 months after 2/14/06 .

Dougnddeb

Read what the last poster stated .

Yes the cite I posted and it's contents are confusing , but it was put into perspective .

SSA has determined you disability onset date was 2/14/06 .

I think it's 5 months waiting period from that date , so figure your back pay from 5 months after 2/14/06 .
I understand now :D Thanks to both of you.

Doug

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">