• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI Backpay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BelyndaPoe

What is the name of your state? Maryland
I posted a few weeks ago about SSA incorrectly offsetting my SSDI payments due to VA service connected disability. I contacted my local office, dropped off the paperwork and never recieved any information from them regarding my payments. I contacted several lawyers, whom all advised me to contact my Senator. I did, and she did a congressional inquiry into my case. I called SSA today and they said my case is at the Payment center:confused: , so does this mean they were incorrect in offsetting my payments, and that they are going to back pay me? Or does this simply mean they are investigating it? I would assume that if I was incorrect, my case would have never been sent to the payment center and instead I would just be sent a letter stating I was incorrect. I hope you can understand what I am saying:) How long does it usually take to get back-pay if this is the case? (Seeing as how I got the Senator involved, would this speed it up any?) Thank you for any help you can offer.

Confused

BL

What is the name of your state? Maryland
I posted a few weeks ago about SSA incorrectly offsetting my SSDI payments due to VA service connected disability. I contacted my local office, dropped off the paperwork and never recieved any information from them regarding my payments. I contacted several lawyers, whom all advised me to contact my Senator. I did, and she did a congressional inquiry into my case. I called SSA today and they said my case is at the Payment center:confused: , so does this mean they were incorrect in offsetting my payments, and that they are going to back pay me? Or does this simply mean they are investigating it? I would assume that if I was incorrect, my case would have never been sent to the payment center and instead I would just be sent a letter stating I was incorrect. I hope you can understand what I am saying:) How long does it usually take to get back-pay if this is the case? (Seeing as how I got the Senator involved, would this speed it up any?) Thank you for any help you can offer.

Confused
It would appear , if it was sent to the Payment Center , the payment is in the works .

I can't recall personally , but I've heard around a month , maybe 2 weeks if your lucky .

You still still should receive an official Letter .

Also , did you receive a written response from your senator or congress person ?

BelyndaPoe

Yes I did...

I recieved a letter from the Senator stating "they" had contacted my SSA office, and "asked that this matter be attended to promptly". That they would contact me as soon as they recieve a response to their inquiry. I would hope I could get my payment that soon, however the woman from SSA said that the payment center was backlogged..? So I am not getting my hopes too high. But then I think, don't they have a certain amount of time to respond to the Senator's Inquiry, and fix this?? They also have not added my children yet, I have to fill out a whole other application for them, because they never processed theirs due to mine being offset. So would they have to back pay me for my children as well? I know that will be a very long time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">