• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI backpay disqualifies from SSI backpay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thatne

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I received around $12,000 in November from SSDI back-pay. I had received $2,022 in SSI back-pay in June. I know that SSI pays back-pay in 6-month increments, and several people at the SSA confirmed over the telephone that I was owed $5,290 more in SSI back-pay. I have $8,000 left from the ~$12,000 in my savings account. Does this disqualify me from receiving the rest of my $5,290? Would I win a lawsuit alleging that I am owed that $5,290 regardless of whether I have other back-pay on hand?

BL

What did your award letter say about SSI retroactive payment(s) ?

If you have questions on payments ,why don't you contact ,or better yet go in person to your local SSA office with the document(s) you did receive ?

If you were entitled to SSDI plus a/the supplement for all the retroactive period ,then you should receive it all ,in time .

There would be no need to file any lawsuits .

Besides the Gov. is big and has resources you do not .

Talk to the folks in person at your local SSA office .

Onderzoek

The SSI retroactive benefit amounts are based on the income and resources you had in the retroactive period, not based on the income and resources you have today.

However, with the dollar amounts you have provided, I am wondering if the retroactive SSDI benefits were paid with or without 'windfall offset'. No way for me to know from what you have said.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">