• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ssdi check?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whyme246

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio

my husband applied for ssd a few months ago while on workers comp. He was denied and never appealed. he returned to work in 6 months because he had to in order to keep his job. then he got an ssdi check yesterday. He returned to work about 3 weeks ago. i am afraid for him to cash it. he makes good money and the ssdi check is about 1/3 of what he makes. i have no clue on how to handle this. what is the trial work period about and no cap on income for that time frame? he also purchased a small business in the meantime that he owns and i work,not him. I am petrified of doing something wrong here. why did he get ssdi and never appealed? sigh...tyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio

my husband applied for ssd a few months ago while on workers comp. He was denied and never appealed. he returned to work in 6 months because he had to in order to keep his job. then he got an ssdi check yesterday. He returned to work about 3 weeks ago. i am afraid for him to cash it. he makes good money and the ssdi check is about 1/3 of what he makes. i have no clue on how to handle this. what is the trial work period about and no cap on income for that time frame? he also purchased a small business in the meantime that he owns and i work,not him. I am petrified of doing something wrong here. why did he get ssdi and never appealed? sigh...tyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Has your husband tried calling Social Security? That would be a good place to start.

whyme246

Calling is busy or a series of non person communication. he will have to go to the ssa office i think. this is awful especially with people who need it desparately and cannot get it. sigh

BL

In the meantime tell him do NOT cash the check .To take it with him .

To take his denial letter ,and if he receives another notice take that/those as well .

Onderzoek

Also bring all pay stubs since he started back to work so the issue of the Trial Work Period can perhaps be resolved right then. He needs to talk to a claims rep, which may or may not be the first person who talks to him.

whyme246

update on checks received

He actually got 2 checks in the mail and continued to work. He had a hearing and they deemed it their fault and through everything he was entitled to keep the checks after many months. Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">