• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI Quality Assurance...SSI denial letters??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Comet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

New here and thanks for letting me be a part of things. I have a question. I applied for "SSDI" last March and didnt hear a thing. 2 months ago I called my local office and asked how things were going. He told me that my app. had been sent to Quality assurance. I have received 2 letters saying SSI was denied and then yesterday I got another saying SSI was denied. I can understand them denying the "SSI" but why 3 letters? It sure has been a long wait to just find out if I am denied "SSDI" or not. :rolleyes: Thanks for any info.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
The wheels of government move slowly and the SSA offices in Alabama move even slower. Most of the time they don't have a clue. (I've dealt with the offices and would call one and talk to them and get one answer and have a different office call me and tell me something totally opposite.)

It can take as long as two years to get a determination of disability.

Onderzoek

The initial determination of disability average processing time is around 100 days, nationwide. The only time a claim would take 2 years for an initial decision would be if it got lost. If you got one notice that you were considered to be not disabled, it sounds like your claim has been denied. Take your letters to your local office and file an appeal. You can also start your appeal online.

Comet

The initial determination of disability average processing time is around 100 days, nationwide. The only time a claim would take 2 years for an initial decision would be if it got lost. If you got one notice that you were considered to be not disabled, it sounds like your claim has been denied. Take your letters to your local office and file an appeal. You can also start your appeal online.
I applied for "SSDI" and I have received 3 letters denying SSI. Why 3 letters?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">