• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDisability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DollyDoctor

What is the name of your state? ny
was receiving social security disability payments. permanently disabled. 3 year eval was missed. had several children all with severe complications and on full bedrest. Life fell apart benifits got cancelled due to not having the 3 year exam. Now my 2 children are autistic my teenaged daughter is bipolar and i am obviosly still disabled. Can I reopen my case as I have not worked at all since it was closed and do the children qualify for there own benifits as well?

BL

Did you contact SSA or The evaluators Office to reschedule the appointment stating the facts as to why you needed to ?

If you had been working and no longer eligible for SSA , then became so disabled you couldn't work you could pick it up again .

You will have to either consult an SSI Attorney , or call SSA directly to find out what your options are .

DollyDoctor

Thank you for your responce. I will try and call them tomorrow.
I became disabled in 94 and have not been able to work since. I did call to reschedule but had ended up missing that appointment as well. Things were quite rough here for a spell. I was lucky I knew what day it was half the time. many contributing factors. Mainly I wanted to know if the payments would be retro from the time they stopped. And if the Autistic Children Qualified for there own Disability benefits.

BL

DollyDoctor said:
Thank you for your responce. I will try and call them tomorrow.
I became disabled in 94 and have not been able to work since. I did call to reschedule but had ended up missing that appointment as well. Things were quite rough here for a spell. I was lucky I knew what day it was half the time. many contributing factors. Mainly I wanted to know if the payments would be retro from the time they stopped. And if the Autistic Children Qualified for there own Disability benefits.
When you call to explain and ask what your options are , also ask about applying for the children .

You may want to set up a free consult with an SSI Attorney for it all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">