• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI Back Pay, Anyone Know IF They Are ONTIME?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Disable2day

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan.
I won my Disability Appeal in Nov. 2009, (It said; "Fully Favorable"), or something similar to that. But I received my first $2,000 installment in Feb. 2010, 2nd one in Aug. 2010, my "Last Final Installment", which is supposed to be the balance thats owed to me, I Am supposed to get very soon now, I was Wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this? Are they Usually "On-Time" with these Payments? I know when I called concerning my second Payment, they had not even started the paperwork for it 2-3 days before I was supposed to get it. They told me it had to be done "Manually", and put into the system. Someone must have got their act together after I called, because I did get that one "On-Time", but my Final Payment, the people from the Toll-Free National SSI Number, said that the Final Installment, comes direct out of the "Payment Center", And when they looked up my name, there was nothing set-up yet for my final installment, so what do I do?
Should I contact my Local Office about it again? I was told by the person from the Toll Free number that the final installment does not have to be put in Manually like the first two, whatever is owed me is payed out and deposited into my account, but are they "ON-TIME" With this Type of Payment? Or do the Drag it out Like they do most other things? Any input from anyone that knows is Appreciated.

Onderzoek

If it is automated, it should happen on time. If it is manual, you may want to contact your local office around the 20th of the month before it is due (just as a reminder) so the manual input will be done.

If it is SSI, neither the payment center or the teleservice center can make it happen.

ajmill101

ssi interview

i have been awarded disability dut to begin april first. I had an over the phone interview yesterday and am eligable to recieve ssi for the past 5 months until disability is due to kick in. how long after the approval for ssi does it actualy take until i can expect ssi for the past five months to hit my account?
thank you

ajmill101

well i just learned after the interview at the local office and being approved for ssi the application took 2 days to process and the money should be in my account tomorrow being the third day after my intial phone interview.. hope that helps people who may have the same question

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">