• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI BACKPAY ? (Just a Quick ?, please help.)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Parsonsbunch

What is the name of your state? NC
Hi. I got a SSI backpay "installment" on Feb.2, 2005. My reward letter said I would get my other installment in 6 months. My question is does the installment come 6 months to the date, like Aug.2, 2005 or just anytime in the 6th month. If anyone would please share with me if their backpay come to the exact date of 6 months I would be very grateful to you.
Thanks,
Casey
[email protected]

Last edited:

DANIALSMOM

Good Question

Hello. If you ever get an answer for this I'd like to know as well. I'd also be interested in what you were able to spend the money on. Ive been drug along for a year now and now that they are ready to give me the back pay I have been told that A) I can only have HALF - like you- and the other half in 6 months and also that I have to have a payee account, ( which I cant get because I am on chex systems for cashing 2 checks that my sons father bounced one me that I couldn't pay back - he never paid child support and guess never will) and also, they said I cant use the money for anything but mediacl and educational needs. WHY IS THAT!!? I have been borrowing money for months. I am seriously in the hole and down to dirt for food almost and I cant spend the money? If anyone knows how to get around this or what I CAN spend it on ( apparently not school clothes or supplies - which i dont have the money for either) I'd appreciate it. and Parsons - ARE YOU ABLE TO GET THE MONEY OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT? AND DID YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SPECIAL PAYEE ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO GET PAID? - I cant imagine them doing this to everyone? I told the lady straight up that I cant get a bank accoubnt - she told me to pay chex systems with my next few ( regular) checks and "fix it" - suuurrree. Like I have no greater need for that $435 dollars! - IM DYIN HERE!. ANyones advise or past experience in this would b so very appreciated. Thank you - danialsmom..

BL

Parsonsbunch said:
What is the name of your state? NC
Hi. I got a SSI backpay "installment" on Feb.2, 2005. My reward letter said I would get my other installment in 6 months. My question is does the installment come 6 months to the date, like Aug.2, 2005 or just anytime in the 6th month. If anyone would please share with me if their backpay come to the exact date of 6 months I would be very grateful to you.
Thanks,
Casey
[email protected]
I can't tell you that , but you should start getting regular checks each moth in the meantime .

BL

DANIALSMOM said:
Hello. If you ever get an answer for this I'd like to know as well. I'd also be interested in what you were able to spend the money on. Ive been drug along for a year now and now that they are ready to give me the back pay I have been told that A) I can only have HALF - like you- and the other half in 6 months and also that I have to have a payee account, ( which I cant get because I am on chex systems for cashing 2 checks that my sons father bounced one me that I couldn't pay back - he never paid child support and guess never will) and also, they said I cant use the money for anything but mediacl and educational needs. WHY IS THAT!!? I have been borrowing money for months. I am seriously in the hole and down to dirt for food almost and I cant spend the money? If anyone knows how to get around this or what I CAN spend it on ( apparently not school clothes or supplies - which i dont have the money for either) I'd appreciate it. and Parsons - ARE YOU ABLE TO GET THE MONEY OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT? AND DID YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SPECIAL PAYEE ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO GET PAID? - I cant imagine them doing this to everyone? I told the lady straight up that I cant get a bank accoubnt - she told me to pay chex systems with my next few ( regular) checks and "fix it" - suuurrree. Like I have no greater need for that $435 dollars! - IM DYIN HERE!. ANyones advise or past experience in this would b so very appreciated. Thank you - danialsmom..

You should have started your own post , it's confusing when you mingle yours with the original posters' , plus it's not polite .

Ok if you have a Payee , it's not your worry , plus If it goes direct deposit , the Bank will eccept it and open an account for your Payee , or the individual that opens it .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">